R K Shipman Ltd, 16 Hewlett Road, Cheltenham, GL52 6AA Tel: 0844 846 8298

email: info@rkshipman.co.uk Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.00pm

|     Privacy Policy      |     Terms of Business
2015 R K Shipman Limited. Authorised and Regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority.  Reg. No. 575483 (England & Wales)

Registered Office:Venture House, 20/20 Business Park, St Leonards Road, Allington, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 0LS

Tel: 0844 846 8298

email: info@rkshipman.co.uk


RK shipman Blog Renew Policy Here


Properties can become Un-Occupied for a variety of reasons, so whether you have inherited a property or have decided to purchase a 'fixer upper' as an investment, you need to make sure that you have the right level of insurance.  Accepting the cheapest deal for Unoccupied Property Insurance could potentially leave the property exposed to risk and you with a big bill to pay!

R K Shipman can assist you in obtaining a buildings, contents or a combined insurance for unoccupied residential properties including houses awaiting sale, probate or refurbishment, as well as second homes.  We have access to policies which are available from a range of major UK insurers and can be issued in individuals' names, business name and Trustees/Executors for inherited properties.  We can offer short term policies as well as the normal 12 month policy so if you only need cover for a few months, R K Shipman can make sure that you are covered.

Our Unoccupied Property Insurance is also suitable for solicitors and executors as well as property developers.   If you are a solicitor dealing with an estate, it can be difficult getting a property insured for the right cover whilst probate is going through.  R K Shipman can provide you with a quote quickly and competitively, which will take the hassle away from the Executors as they will know that the property is insured correctly.

Should your property become tenanted at any time we can simply amend the policy to a Landlords Insurance policy.  

Key features and benefits of our Unoccupied Residential Property Insurance can include:

  • Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Earthquake (otherwise known as FLEE)
  • Subsidence
  • Flood
  • Escape of Water
  • Property Owners Liability
  • Theft or Attempted Theft
  • Weight of Snow

Contact R K Shipman today for your Unoccupied Residential Property Insurance by clicking on the contact us button below or give us a call to speak to one of our specialist advisers on 0844 846 8298.  You won't go through to a call-centre or a long list of options you need to select; you will be greeted by one of our friendly, experienced advisers.

Contact Us

Live Chat!